The following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") govern your access to and use of our Web Site located at www.acccl.com (the "Site" or "Web Site"). The Site is made available by the Association of Caribbean Corporate Counsel Limited ("ACCCL" or "we" or "us"). We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time, by posting such changes on the Site. BY USING THE SITE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS APPLIED TO YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not visit or use the Site.
You affirm that you are 18 years of age or older and are fully able and capable to enter into, abide by and comply with the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions. You also affirm that you have full authority to bind your company or organization to the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- Proprietary Rights. As between you and ACCC, and except for your Submitted Materials (as defined in Section 6 below), ACCC owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, all the content (including, for example, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, software, etc.), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on the Site.
- Limited License. You may access and view the content on the Site on your computer or other internet compatible device, and make single copies or prints of the content on the Site for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- Prohibited Use. Any commercial distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Site, or of any content, code, data or materials on the Site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior permission of ACCC or the applicable rights holder. You may not otherwise download, display, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, perform, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on the Site. If you make other use of the Site, or the content, code, data or materials thereon, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States and other countries as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. ACCC will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Web Site or on content available through the Web Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ours and others and may not be used unless authorized by the trademark owner. Nothing contained on the Web Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Web Site without our written permission or that of the applicable rights holder.
By submitting or sending Submitted Materials to us, you: (i) represent and warrant that the Submitted Materials are original to you and that no other party has any rights thereto, or that you have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use such Submitted Materials and submit them to the Site, and that any "moral rights" in the Submitted Materials have been waived, and (ii) you grant us and our affiliates a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully transferable, assignable and sublicensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, make, sell and export such material (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. We cannot be responsible for maintaining any Submitted Material that you provide to us, and we may delete or destroy any such Submitted Material at any time.
- Prohibited User Conduct. You warrant and agree that, while accessing or using the Web Site, you shall not:
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including anyone from the Site or ACCC;
- insert your own or a third party's advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Site's content, materials or services;
- obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information or any services available on or through the Site through any means, including through means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Site;
- engage in spidering, "screen scraping," "database scraping," harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, or any other automatic or unauthorized means of accessing, logging-in or registering on the Site, or obtaining lists of users' other information from or through the Site, including, without limitation, any information residing on any server or database connected to the Site;
- use the Site or its features and services in any manner that could interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or "flooding" servers with requests;
- use the Site or its services in violation of ACCC's or any third party's intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights;
- use the Site or its services in violation of any applicable law; or
- attempt (or encourage or support any one else's attempt) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with the Site or its services.
You alone are responsible for the content and consequences of any of your activities while you are visiting or using the Site.
- Linking to the Web Site. You agree that if you include a link from any other web site to the Web Site, such link shall open in a new browser window and shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of this Web Site. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Web Site or our services, such as using an "in-line" linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another web site. You agree not to download or use images hosted on this Web Site on another web site, for any purpose, including, without limitation, posting such images on another site. You agree not to link from any other web site to this Web Site in any manner such that the Web Site, or any page of the Web Site, is "framed," surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve all of our rights under the law to insist that any link to the Web Site be discontinued, and to revoke your right to link to the Web Site form any other web site at any time upon written notice to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ACCC, its affiliates, and its and their directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from (i) your access to or use of the Site, (ii) your submission any message, content, information to us or (iii) your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms and Conditions. ACCC reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you agree to cooperate with any such defense.
- Third Party Web Sites. You may be able to link from the Web Site to third party web sites and third party web sites may link to the Web Site ("Linked Sites"). You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided on Linked Sites. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of such sites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials presented thereon. Any reliance on a Linked Site is done at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
- Copyright Agent. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to ACCC's Group Chief Legal Officer, named below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Group Chief Legal Officer:
66 Battoo Boulevard
Voice: (868) 472-5922
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS THEREON, IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, CORRECTNESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET USERS' REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. ACCC ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE.
WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SITE IS CORRECT AND UP-TO-DATE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT ANY PRIOR WARNING. ACCC DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENDORSE, SUPPORT, SANCTION, ENCOURAGE OR AGREE WITH ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS, OR ANY OPINION, RECOMMENDATION OR ADVICE EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED THEREIN, AND ACCC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH SUBMITTED MATERIALS AND ANY OTHER CONTENT OR INFORMATION CREATED OR PROVIDED BY USERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ACCC, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "PROTECTED ENTITIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA THE SITE, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF SUCH PROTECTED ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROTECTED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PROTECTED ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO COMPANY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS VIA THE SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
- Applicable Laws. We control and operate the Site from our offices in Trinidad & Tobago. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. All parties to these Terms and Conditions waive their respective rights to a trial by jury.
- Termination. ACCC has the right to terminate, change, suspend, impose limits on or discontinue any aspect of the Site or the Site's services, or your access to or use thereof, at any time, if we believe you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, ACCC's policies or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability. ACCC maintains a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of the Web Site use privileges of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights.
- Downloading Files. ACCC cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection by software viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs.
- Password Security. If you register on our Site for a username and password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log-in information, and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your username and password.